HBF Run for a Reason 2017
Sunday 28 May 2017 |
Make your reason Lifeline WA
This year, Lifeline WA is one of four charity partners HBF Run for Reason. A healthy body is vital for maintaining a healthy mind, therefore we encourage all Western Australians to take part in this fantastic event being held on 28 May 2017.
- $25 – funds one call to Lifeline WA’s crisis support line 13 11 14
- $50 – will fund resource materials for volunteers during their training period
- $100 – enables a Lifeline WA speaker to provide important suicide prevention training within the community
Join us on Sunday 28 May 2017 for Perth's largest and most popular community health event. Whether you're on your own or part of a team, choose Lifeline WA as your reason and raise funds for our life saving services.
This year, 92.9's breakfast announcer Heidi Anderson and Nine News Perth's Paddy Sweeney will be joining the Lifeline WA team. Paddy has even agreed to run the 21 km half-marathon! What better way to spend a Sunday morning than getting out in the fresh air with friends and family?
Whether you choose to tackle the 4km, 12km or the 21km course, please choose to run for Lifeline WA and help us continue make a difference to the lives of the more than 50,000 Western Australians who use our crisis support services each year. You can view our fundraising kit to help you conquer your target, it is filled with all kinds of hints and tips to get you across the finish line.
Why run for us?
- On average one Western Australian is lost to suicide daily
- An average of one in five Western Australians will suffer from a mental illness this year
- More than 55,000 Western Australians call Lifeline for crisis support every year
- It costs $4000 to train a Crisis volunteer and $25 to answer a call
- You will not only be improving your health and well-being, but supporting Western Australians in their time of need
Help us answer every single crisis call by running and raising funds for Lifeline WA.
Visit www.hbfrun.com.au to set up a fundraising page to raise vital funds for our suicide prevention and crisis support services. Alternatively make a one-off donation to support our cause.
Back To Events