One Day Workshop
This one day workshop provides non-counsellors with basic skills to assist people dealing with difficult situations or who may be angry or distressed.
What you will learn:
- A brief introduction to counselling theory
- A model for guiding conversations sensitively and effectively
- Key skills and phrases to use when assisting others
- Ways to respond to difficult situations or to strong emotions
- Self-care and boundaries
Who is this course for?
This course is for people with no counselling experience who may find from time to time they are required to deal with people facing difficult issues or people with challenging behaviours.
“Loved the session! Laura kept us all engaged and is a natural and knowledgeable presenter. The course helped give me confidence dealing with families and a range of complex situations. Great to pick up tips and useful strategies. I look forward to attending more courses and will recommend to my co-workers.” - Accidental Counsellor participant
For more information, please contact Lifeline WA Training on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9261 4444.
- E-Learning and Face to Face - Thursday 20 May 2021 -
- E-Learning and Virtual - Wednesday 16 June 2021 - Book Here
To receive information on upcoming training and workshops, sign up to our Lifeline WA Training email here.
Enquire About a Course