2 day interactive
LivingWorks ASIST is a two day workshop where participants learn to apply a suicide intervention model. It helps caregivers recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide. It then explores how to connect with them in ways that understand and clarify that risk, increase their immediate safety and link them with further help.
It is intended that ASIST
participants will be better prepared to:
- Reflect on how their attitudes and beliefs about suicide affect their intervention role
- Discuss suicide with a person at risk in a direct manner
- Build a collaborative approach to intervention focussed on safe outcomes
- Review immediate suicide risk and develop appropriate safeplans
- Demonstrate skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide
- Make a commitment to improving community resources; and
- Recognise that suicide prevention is broader than suicide first aid and includes life-promotion and self-care for caregivers
ASIST is presented by a team of at least two registered trainers who have completed a LivingWorks Training for Trainers (T4T) program.
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
- 2 Day Workshop – Tuesday 22 to Wednesday 23 October - Register here
For more information, please contact Lifeline WA Training on email@example.com or phone 08 9261 4444.
Enquire About a Course
To receive information on upcoming training and workshops, sign up to our Lifeline WA Training email here.