About this service
- Short-term support for people who are overwhelmed and having difficulty coping or staying safe
- Real time using ‘chat’ technology
- Confidential one-to-one with a Lifeline Online Crisis Supporter
- All internet connections, particularly those from mobile devices, can suffer from dropouts and interruptions.
- If you lose contact with our service, please reconnect.
What we don’t do during the chat
- Give advice
- Solve your problems
- Tell you what to do
- Judge or criticise
- Ongoing counselling
Chat available 7pm to 4am AEST, 7 days a week.
If the service appears 'offline' or 'busy', please call Lifeline on 13 11 14. If you or someone you know is in danger or needs immediate medical attention, please call 000.